[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

OLM Fr 04/23/10

Posted By: Stick
Date: Saturday, 24 April 2010, at 7:49 a.m.

In Response To: OLM Fr 04/23/10 (Jason Lee)

I'm always happy when I can narrow the field down to 2 plays, I feel like I'm at least 25% to find the right play then.

Here we have the forced deuce, 13/11, and then we look around for the best remaining five. Normally it's correct to simply play off the midpoint and not hit loose on the ace when the race is close and we don't have the better board and not an over compelling reason for a tempo hit. This is different and tags along to one of my unrefined unwritten rules. The five will be played 13/8 stripping the midpoint of its last spare and put a 5th checker (excess) on the 8pt. This generally leaves an inflexible offensive position and should be avoided making it often correct to hit on the ace point if it's a valid option instead of stacking. The counter point here is that our offensive position isn't as inflexible as most examples because we do have another outfield point.

I don't believe a desperation tempo hit is needed but it's also not bad. It risks our race but since the five plays so poorly otherwise I think those two combined factors equate to hitting 6/1* instead of stacking 13/8. If we were to alter the position to have 5 checkers on the midpoint and a 52 to play I would pull two off the mid without hesitation. (this not only doesn't strip the mid but adds a 4th man to the 8pt instead of an overstacked 5th)

13/11 6/1* for me but I expect it will still be close.

Stick

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.