[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Kocagammon backgammon variant

Posted By: Bob Koca
Date: Saturday, 7 September 2024, at 2:02 a.m.

I consider this the best backgammon variant I've ever seen, mainly due to the density of interesting and fun decisions. If you don't like ties, then just play again if a tie occurs.

Rules for KocaGammon:

1) You and your opponent will play two games of backgammon without thecube or bonus wins. The first roll is as normal and the winner of that roll chooses to play it on either of the two games. Players then alternate rolls.

2) After you roll, you decide which board you wish to play on. However you cannot play on the same board 3 times in a row unless the game on the other board has been completed by either having had one player bear off all checkers or having been resigned. You could choose to play on a certain board even if the roll cannot be played. I suggest using an unused dice cup to keep track of things. After your move adjust the cup as follows. Either slide it from one board to the one you just played on or if it is a second play on the same board place it in the bearoff tray of that board.

3) On your turn before you roll you may resign either board (it is left as an exercise to the reader why it might be strategic to do so). When both games are active that is the only time a resignation may occur.

4) You win the match by winning both of the games.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.