[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Does XG's definition of PR annoy you?

Posted By: Timothy Chow
Date: Monday, 8 July 2024, at 10:54 p.m.

There is currently some discussion on the GNU Backgammon mailing list about the possibility of rewriting some of the code that calculates and reports the error rating.

One suggestion has been for GNUBG to calculate and report the eXtremeGammon Performance Rating (PR), or at least something as close to the PR as possible. Another suggestion has been to ditch the calculation of Snowie ER.

I like the idea of replicating/simulating the PR, but I don't like ditching the Snowie ER. If you want to know why, click on the above link and read the thread about "Skill level names".

But more importantly, if there are things about the definition of PR that you don't like or think could be improved, now would appear to be a good time to make your voice heard. Post your thoughts here on BGO, or even better, send an email to bug-gnubg@gnu.org

Incidentally, if anyone has a current email address for Henrik Bukkjaer, perhaps they could notify him. A few years ago here on BGO, Henrik said he had some suggestions for improving the definition of PR, but I don't know what his suggestions were in detail.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.