[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Eliminating Cherry Picking in Live XG PR Rating Lists

Posted By: Terje Pedersen
Date: Tuesday, 23 February 2016, at 1:33 p.m.

In Response To: Eliminating Cherry Picking in Live XG PR Rating Lists (lucky)

Hi!

Thank you for bringing this up as I was a bit confused about this one and didn't know one way or the other what was correct.

You can log in to Backgammon Studio and go to the matches section and then click on find player and enter "Kats" and you will get two alternatives:

I see that the second one is correct and I don't think I have seen this until now (finding players like this was added a couple of days ago..).

I also see that "Katsios Dikaros" played against himself in one match which doesn't look entirely correct! :-)

Looks like these two names got mixed up at some point.

Using full name when transcribing matches avoids this problem and I don't have to guess who actually played the match. Currently I have:

'Bernhard W Peter' (I think that is Bernard & Peter in a double cons (could be any number of Bernard and Peter though...))

'bmrkj649'
'Bosnia'
'Croatia'
'FB'
'fidibus42'
'Fred'
'Gabriel'
'Gegner2'
'Greece'
'Harut'
'Henri'
'Iceland'
'Jannik'
'Jullian'
'Leonidas'
'Lito'
'nagao' (I suspect that is 'Masato Nagao') 'Nonas'
'Patrick'
'Rafael'
'Ulrich'
'Ungarn'

I also have 'Denmark' but those are from Denmark vs The World matches but some of the other countries appear to be single matches.

Sometimes there is a clue in the filename while at other times there isn't any more info to be found.

I have cleaned these up now and it should look better now:

Do you know who Nonas and Dikaros are?

Go to: http://www.backgammonstudio.com and register (it is free) log in and go to the matches/play section to search for matches.

Thank you for reporting this error! I like the data in Backgammon Studio to be as correct as possible and try to do my best to make it so.

Best regards,
TP

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.