[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

PR or Luck? Here is the real answer if you are looking for (Long but informative)

Posted By: Florin Popa
Date: Monday, 22 February 2016, at 4:04 p.m.

In Response To: PR or Luck? Here is the real answer if you are looking for (Long but informative) (Rick Janowski)

"Looking at the crudely, if the match was only influenced by luck and relative skill had no influence the probability would be 50%. Moreover, if t, the match was wholly influenced by skill, and luck had no influence the probability would be 100%. Consequently, a match win probability of 75% broadly represents a situation where luck and skill are equally influential."

I like this concept,looks fine for me. In the bookmakers odds compiler (I was one) try to figure out in many disciplines what the probability is so they need to be competent about the strengh but also to pay attention to the nature of the game, how much the resulta is influenced by luck. Software exist even there but how good are is stil not clear. In soccer you almost never see a 1.01 even the difference of skill is huge while in basket yes.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.