[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Correcting Nacbracs

Posted By: Taper_Mike
Date: Sunday, 8 June 2014, at 10:30 a.m.

In Response To: Smells like quiz factor in here! – 3-ply XG2 Rollout (Taper_Mike)

White is Player 2

score: 0
pip: 83
Unlimited Game
pip: 167
score: 0

Blue is Player 1
XGID=-BB-B-BA--------acbcbCbBbA:1:-1:1:41:0:0:0:0:10
Blue to play 41

Just in case somebody comes upon this many years from now, I am correcting an error in the nacbracs of the preceding post.

I used E for bar/21 6/5, but under the 6pt Convention, holding the 5pt is better than holding the 2pt or 4pt. Holding points closer to the 6pt ranks higher. The correct Nactation in the Each family uses italics for this third-ranked move: E = bar/21 6/5. Breaking the 4pt ranks second: e = bar/21 4/3.

Instead of worrying about how plays are ordered in the E (Each) family, it might be easier just to use a numeral. The numeral gives the point where the checker lands in the inner board. The entering checker is omitted from the Nactation.

5 (Five) = bar/21, 6/5
3 (Three) = bar/21, 4/3

Using numerals is easy and fast. It harkens back to the shorthand still used by many players, i.e., giving only destinations of checkers.

Thanks to Nack for pointing out my error.

Mike

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.