[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

OLM 20140503A The Prime Factors

Posted By: Havard Raddum
Date: Saturday, 3 May 2014, at 9:32 p.m.

In Response To: OLM 20140503A The Prime Factors (Jason Lee)

To me there are two plays that stand out, either making the two point or hitting loose one more time with 7/4* and 13/9 with the four. Making the two point is rather safe, and makes a new inner board point, both good arguments in favor of that play. The drawback is that it's the wrong point that gets made, and it will be hard to follow up. A likely scenario is that the opponents will make an anchor and get the peace they need to focus on their offense. With the cube given away at this score, I don't like that.

Hitting with 7/4* is bold, but opponents don't have any board yet, so a bold play is OK. Hitting two and leaving two blots in the home board is not as reckless as it may seem, a likely scenario is that one of them is hit back, but we get to cover the other blot. Since we can bring more wood to the fire with 13/9 we have a very good upside when things go our way. I'm going to vote for this play.

13/9 7/4*

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.