[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

How to get more people to play dual duel

Posted By: mamabear
Date: Monday, 3 February 2014, at 9:54 p.m.

In Response To: How to get more people to play dual duel (Phil Simborg)

Thanks for taking the risk of posting your suggestions--I assure you that my flame-thrower is currently set on Off. Here are some comments on them:

Regarding entry fees, we agree. Regarding two divisions, I think it's an idea that could be floated to see if there is enough interest. How many non-Giant players would be interested in such an event, and would it depend on what the criteria were for playing in the lower division? (What would the criteria be?) Inquiring minds want answers to such questions before taking a stand.

Regarding streaming: I think part of why D-D is good for the game is that the matches are all streamed. If I make some spectacular blunder, so what? Would anybody seriously think it was the first time I ever did that? >>

So, I don't care about having my matches streamed, just remind me to get my nails done first >>

Regarding playing the matches on a computer: You are right that it could save a lot of time, but I see a downside too. If the matches are streamed, I like the idea of people from Grid, FIBS, SHG or whatever to see the games played on real boards. That might interest them in coming to play at a real event. These servers have 1000s of social players who play lots of backgammon but never leave home...and if they see two barely-visible people playing on a computer, they won't feel any need to, since it will be the same as their experience at home. That said, though, if playing on a computer were a requirement, that alone would not keep me from playing D-D.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.