[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Why just eight participants in Texas dual-dual?!

Posted By: Victor Ashkenazi
Date: Monday, 3 February 2014, at 3:44 p.m.

In Response To: Why just eight participants in Texas dual-dual?! (__1ERROR1__)

It's actually not that difficult to explain why some players like did not play in this event: 1) need to take extra day off from busy work. There are only that many vacation days, and lot of tournaments. For intense event like that it's better to take extra two days off to have at least a day to prepare and rest 2) absolutely no incentive to do that. Being a "star" in backgammon carry no financial bonus. You pay for travel, hotel, entry fee etc. if special event would be orginized for that type of game and it will be sponsored - I'll be there 3) I'm not fun of that stage of the torunamemt when you start playing for PR only, results don't matter. I believe bg match should be played with intend to win it 4) very busy tournament schedule. In 3 days, I played in doubles torunament of stars, masters and main. Couldn't even get to play USBGF, speedgammon events and Monte Carlo qualifier that originally planned to participate 5) to compensate for that, I never refuse to be streamed and analyzed, done it probably as much as any other active player over last couple of years. This tournament was no exception: I was asked to seat at one of the streaming stations for almost every match. So you have plenty of information about how I play live (for past matches just search for my name at this forum).

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.