[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

analysis in the oven

Posted By: David Rockwell
Date: Thursday, 21 January 2010, at 6:58 p.m.

In Response To: Oops next on deck (neilkaz)

I'm doing an extensive analysis of this one using GNU data right now. Even if XG gets a different answer, I'm sure the analysis will be illuminating. It won't be done for a while since I'm doing rollouts of all underlying moves. I'm also looking at 32D and all three replies after the similar 51S opening move for comparison. 32D is best after 51S of course. I believe that S is the second choice.

I've always thought that the principle reason Z is better is that it creates good sixes vs the 9 point blot from a point where opener really doesn't want to hit loose. Also, hitting outfield shots 63 & 54 are well duplicated. We'll see. The answer should make sense compared to what we observe for 51S-32. Note that 41S-32S is best at DMP and GS. Z remains best at GG.

22E is best after 41S too. I've often wondered if any of the same themes are at work.

I remember playing 41S-32Z versus you in the Ohio Masters last year. Even though you and I and kibitizer Stick all knew that Z was right, none of us were familar with 3rd roll choices since we had seen Z so seldom in actual play.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.